Improve your mix, let it be heard to the fullest musical expression. With careful use of dynamic, tonal and imaging tools, great MASTERING can be achieved, let your music shine.
I will master a sample of your track for FREE, so you can hear what I’m offering. Be confident that what you’re paying for will greatly satisfy your needs.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MIXING & MASTERING
MIXING is the process of arranging and blending the separate instrument “tracks” of a song. Equalization, stereo panning and fader leveling is done to each “track” to result in a well-balanced, natural sounding song. Effects on each individual “track”, such as reverb, delay, gates, compression, and other creative tools are also typically used in the mixing process. The final “Mixdown” is where all individual “tracks” complement the song and the instruments are arranged to not overlap each others musical sound range.
MASTERING is done after the mixing process to the final “Mixdown”. This process ensures a song is playable in all different mediums such as the radio, CD players, car stereos, club venues, ear buds and any where else music is played. Mastering makes sure that song one of the album doesn’t blow a speaker, while song three of the album is too quiet. Besides maintaining album consistency with leveling correction, mastering also levels frequencies and stereo imaging to add sparkle and shine, punch and body to a good mix and make it sound even better.
HOW LONG OF A WAIT TO GET MY MASTERS?
Turn around time from when I receive your files until you receive a draft master(s) can be from 2 to 7 day, typically singles will be done sooner then a full length album.
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE MY MIXES FOR MASTERING
1. Don’t Normalize,
2. Don’t heavily compress or limit the stereo mix.
3. Leave about -3db of headroom on the stereo mix.
4. Don’t think mastering can fix a bad mix. I can only dress a bad mix with a styling jacket, but underneath it’s still a bad mix.
- 5.Check for clipping. Audio should not even come close to 0d
- 6.File formats should be 96Khz/24bit or at least 44.1Khz/16bit .wav or .aif. (mp3’s are used only as last resort)
ALBUM MASTERING PROCESS
1. SENT SONGS: Use main page uploader
2. ALBUM INFO: CD Master Log sheet will be sent you.
3. DOWN PAYMENT: 50% of the total cost must be paid up front.
4. MASTERING PROCESS: I do my thing!
5. TEST MASTERS: Initial Test Masters are sent to you for approval.
6. FINAL MASTERING: Once all Test Masters have been approved. The final album Mastering is done.
7. FINAL PAYMENT: The remaining 50% is paid prior to receiving final masters.
9 – MASTERS SENT: Master files are sent to you via email, with a download link. (*If you wish, masters can be delivered to you. Customer picks up the cost)
CAN I HEAR SAMPLES OF YOUR WORK
You sure can. Just email me a request and I’ll email you a fresh sample work portfolio page. This way, I only send you my most recent work.